Wednesday 28 January 2015

A penny for my thoughts...please...

As fun as I hope this journey is going to be and as much as I'm excited to be getting out and exploring New Zealand there is a serious and important component of this whole plan and that is to raise money and awareness for people living with Parkinson's Disease. I aim to do this by taking donations for Parkinson's NZ which is a non-profit organisation that offers support for people with Parkinson's as well as their families and carers.

To accomplish this I've set up a fundraising page on the GiveaLittle site which I feel is the perfect place for this type of collection for a couple of reasons. Firstly, at the end of the collection period 100% of the money raised goes straight to Parkinson's NZ not to me, or a third party so people can donate knowing that the right people are getting the funds and secondly the minimum amount you can donate is $1 which is perfect because I'm hoping people will do as it says on the label and give a little. I know that sounds like a strange statement from someone hoping to raise money but I'm very aware that not everyone has a lot of money to spare, even when they want to spare it. So it's my hope that over the period of these 202 walks (which will be a couple of years) that people may be able to spare a dollar or two every few walks or when they can and gradually we'll be able to raise some funds for this great organisation. Of course if you have more money than you know what to do with I'll happily take a $5 or even $10 donation ;)

It's also not my intention to hound people for money but I will post the link to the site after each walk as part of the blog and I certainly won't be using it as a measure of peoples support - your comments and messages mean the world.

Don't forget to join in on the Facebook page here and the donation page can be found here.

Only two more sleeps until Walk #1!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Merci Nadia je donc vous appreicate!

      How'd that translator go? I hope I didn't call you a fish...I did that once. It was awkward.

      Delete
    2. Translator your properly not working is LMAO :-p

      Delete
  2. I'm in ! Will do what I can whenever I can!

    ReplyDelete